Friday, June 24, 2011

Charlie

Well, we got test results back today about Charlie's tumor...can't even write the words, even though his mother was forced to write them to me. Tonight I ask for prayers and miracles of healing. My friend has a long year ahead of her...the word cancer is now a part of her family's  life...I thought I was a grateful person...I thought I knew life was fleeting... but moments have slipped by that I want back. I want it to be last summer, sitting on Amy's patio drinking cold beers and Pino Gregio. I want to be back at Peabody Beach and changing our kids in the back of the van on our way to Polo. I want us all to be eating pizza without the word cancer being a part of the meal. I want alot of things right now that this time last year just seemed par for the course, family tradition, a part of an  "ordinary vacation" with the Ames'. Tonight I would give up anything to have these things again. So many of our life's moments show up as ordinary and they are anything but. We just don't know this until they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment