Monday, September 10, 2012

Prayers for Tomorrow

I spent today at the Heartworks House getting ready for our meeting tomorrow night. We are in the process of transforming the Meditation Room into a place filled with pictures of victims of 9/11, active military men and women and pictures of war torn countries from all over the world. Our prayers reach far and wide to anyone ever affected by terrorism. Heartworks remembers that we are a country at war and that horrific acts of hate are not some thing in the past, but happening as I type this blog entry. There are families escaping territories with nowhere to go. We pray for them tonight.
Tonight I want to say thank you to every single person who did something for a family after September 11, 2001. Thank you for paying such close attention to the loss. It is my greatest hope to continue on the standard that you set 11 years ago to any struggling family that crosses the path of Heartworks.

We pray tonight for all people being retraumatized by the anniversary
We pray for everyone who misses someone
We pray for every first responder who is struggling with health issues
We pray for every human being affected by terrorism
We pray for acute awareness and gratitude of our freedoms and safety
We pray for all political leaders to act from a place of grace rather than ego
We pray for healing around the globe

I am watching the coverage on TV. I do this every September 10th before I go to bed. I was in Colorado in 2001, far from any of the trauma. I watch it now because I want to pay my respects to the people who were not so far away. Who still have nightmares and anxiety from the things that they saw that day. I want to pay my respects to the first responders and witness, even if it is from the ridiculous safety of my couch a fraction of what they witnessed that day.
I will never forget. I will never forget the events or what people did for my family. Besides my husband and daughters, family and friends,  nothing else is more important to me than to pay forward what has been done for my sister and her kids.
Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment