Monday, July 4, 2011

Be Not Afraid

So we were all on the beach watching the fireworks tonight-and all of a sudden Eddie says "shhhh, Megan...listen" and I hear female voices singing "Be Not Afraid" on the beach. I could hardly believe it, since I have been singing this very song over and over and over again in my head since I blogged about it on Sunday. I sang it when I felt sick going to bed last night, again in the middle of the night when I woke up wondering if Amy and Garrett were able to sleep, and a bunch again today at the parade every time I saw a little boy waving a flag and my heart was gripped with fear of what the next year will be like for Charlie. And so we were sitting on the beach and we hear the song being sung...so of course I have to go right over to the group of women- they are just like me and my friends, sitting having their wine and wanted to sing "Be Not Afraid"- so then I tell them about Charlie, about my BFF Amy and they all take out thier phones to type "Charlie Ames" on their memo pad so they can pray for him....God is present... Amy's brother Matt emailed me last week that "God knows Charlie's name"... I know this is true- I got my weekend theme song sang to me by a group of random women on the beach...of course God would show himself to me in this way, so that I can blog it to you and you know as well to not be afraid, He goes before you always....amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment